Areas of Interest
- Architectural Design, Urban Design, Behavioral Science, Human Factor and Ergonomics, Design studies for elderly, children and the disabled, Industrial Design, Product Innovation and Visual Communication, Universal Design, Design for Disaster Management and Sustainability, Biomecahnics, Biomedical Product Design and Assistive Technologies
|2016-06-01||Ongoing||Assistant Professor||IIT Roorkee|
|2013-01-01||3 years||Faculty and Department Coordinator||Product Design Department, State University of Performing and Visual Arts, Rohtak|
|2016-01-01||1 year||Faculty-in Charge Website||Department of Architecture and Planning, IIT Roorkee|
|2017-01-01||2 years||Faculty-in Charge Annual Report||Department of Architecture and Planning, IIT Roorkee|
|2019-01-01||Ongoing||Member, Department Research Committee (DRC)||Dept. of Architecture and Planning, IIT Roorkee|
|2018-01-01||Ongoing||Faculty-in Charge Industrial Design lab||Dept. of Architecture and Planning, IIT Roorkee|
|2017-01-01||Ongoing||Faculty-in Charge Building & Maintenance||Department of Architecture and Planning, IIT Roorkee|
|2017-01-01||1 year||Faculty-in Charge NASA||Department of Architecture and Planning, IIT Roorkee|
Honors and Awards
|PhD Research and Innovation Award||Indian Institute of Technology Delhi||2014|
|Ph.D||Design||Indian Institute of Technology Delhi||2015|
|Master of Design||Industrial Design||Indian Institute of Technology Delhi||2007|
|Bachelor of Architecture||Architecture||School of Planning and Architecture, New Delhi||2005|
Sponsored Research Projects
|Topic||Funding Agency||Start Date||Period|
|Design and Development of a System for early Identification of Deaf and Hard of Hearing Neonates||DHR||2021-09||2 years|
|Ergonomic study of workstation design||SRIC, IIT Roorkee||2016-10||2 years|
- Council of Architecture, Member
- Indian Society of Biomechanics, Member
|Title||Course Code||Class Name||Semester|
|Ekistics||ARN-411||B.Arch. IV Year||Autumn|
|Working Drawing||ARN-407||B.Arch. IV Year||Autumn|
|Quantity, Pricing and Specifications||ARN-207||B.Arch. II Year||Autumn|
|Creative Workshop||ARN- 107||B.Arch. I Year||Autumn|
|Measured Drawing||ARN - 213||B.Arch. II Year||Autumn|
|Building Construction III||ARN-204||B.Arch. II Year||Spring|
Projects and Thesis Supervised
|Title of Project||Names of Students|
|Conservation of Cultural Spaces||Arshad P.|
|Age Friendly Streets for Elderly||Sachin Verma|
|Safe Institutional Campuses||Arighna Mitra|
|Design flexibility in small dwelling units||Krati Singh|
|Oceanarium design||Akash Rajesh Mistry|
|IT Park design||Amit Majumdar|
|Design of NID Campus||Ankit Kumar|
|Design of Techworld IT Park||Patil Jatin Vinod|
|Design of Startup India Pavillion||Shubham Jain|
Visits to outside institutions
|Institute Visited||Purpose of Visit||Date|
|SPA Delhi||Jury Expert||2018-01-01|
|NILD, Dehradun||Guest of Honour, International Day for Persons with Disability||2020-12-03|
|Royal College of Art London||Collaborative discussion on Design Education and Research||2017-06-01|
Participation in short term courses
|Couse Name||Sponsored By||Date|
|Research Techniques into Design||QIP||2021-02|
|Research Techniques in Art, Architecture and Design||QIP Center, IIT Roorkee||2020-08|
- Atreya, S. & Agarwal, S. (2019). Re-designing an Indian kitchen for the elderly using REVIT; Communication and Computing Systems. Prasad, B. (Ed.), Singh, K. (Ed.), Pandey, S. S. (Ed.), O'Kennedy, R. (Ed.). (2019). London: CRC Press, Taylor & Francis.
- Atreya S., Joshi D., Anand S., Singh U., Ribeiro R. (2010) Effects of Backpack Carriage on Gait and Posture-Design Studies. In: Lim C.T., Goh J.C.H. (eds) WCB, vol 31. Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
Refereed Journal Papers
REFEREED JOURNAL RESEARCH PAPERS
- Atreya, S., Sharma, U., Anand, S., (2020). The effect of accessing workplace heights on plantar pressure distribution in elderly, Gait and Posture, Elsevier 81(1).
- Atreya, S., Sushil, S., & Shukla, R. (2017). Design Flexibility in Product Forms. International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences, 42-50.
- Atreya, S., Swetambri, Periyasamy, R., Singh, U., & Anand, S. (2012). Relationship between auditory rhythm and gait parameters during unilateral load carriage: design study on school children. International Journal of Biomedical Engineering and Technology, 8(4), 315-325.
- Atreya, S., Periyasamy, R., & Anand, S. (2011). The Effect of Load Distribution on Body Balance and Heart Rate in Children. International Journal of Sport & Society, 2(3).
- Periyasamy, R., Joshi, D., Atreya, S., & Anand, S. (2011). LDA aided threshold to classify neuropathy and non neuropathy in diabetic patients. International Journal of Biomedical Engineering and Technology, 7(4), 315-326.
- Periyasamy, R., Atreya, S., & Anand, S. (2013). Foot pressure distribution differences between young adult and older subject: a biomechanical parameters analysis. International Journal of Biomedical Engineering and Technology, 13(3), 201-217.
- Joshi, D., Atreya, S., Arora, A. S., & Anand, S. (2009). Trends in EMG based prosthetic hand development: a review. Indian Journal of Biomechanics, 228-232.
REFEREED CONFERENCE RESEARCH PAPERS
- Atreya, S. (2019, January). Design strategies for an accessible Indian Kitchen for elderly and the disabled. National conference on Disability and Social Inclusion: Role of Technology. IIT Guwahati.
- Atreya, S. (2017, July). Educating Children on the Negative Effects of Carrying a Schoolbag Incorrectly. In Proceedings of International Academic Conferences (No. 4607595). International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences.
- Atreya, S., Singh, U., Ribeiro, R., Anand, S., Jaryal, A., & Srivastava, S. (2010, December). Effect of load distribution of the backpack-a design study. In 2010 International Conference on Systems in Medicine and Biology (pp. 183-186). IEEE.
- Atreya, S., & Anand, S. (2009, March). Prevention and Rehabilitation of Spinal Injuries and Design of Assistive Devices for Appropriate Weight Balance. In National Conference on Alternative & Augmentative Communication and Assistive Technologies, NITIE, Bombay.